Calling all 3 and 4 year olds!
We are conducting a study on language, learning, and brain development in young children! In this longitudinal study, we will be tracking children as they learn to read by testing them once a year. Ultimately, we are interested in relating brain activity to how children learn to read and hear in challenging listening environments like noisy classrooms.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Monolingual 3 and 4 year olds who do not have a history of seizures, autism spectrum disorders, or hearing loss
WHAT WILL MY CHILD DO DURING THIS STUDY?
- Undergo a brief hearing screening
- Participate in games testing cognitive, memory, and pre-reading abilities
- Play a drum as part of our rhythm investigation
- Perform perceptual and attention tasks using an Ipad and computer
- Watch movies while having their brainwaves monitored by safe, completely non-invasive sensors
- Get paid $10 an hour for their time
WHY SHOULD MY CHILD PARTICIPATE?
- A uniquely-designed lab t-shirt upon completing the study
- Free hearing screening
- Learning about science along the way – we are used to fielding lots of questions from curious children and adults
- A quarterly newsletter keeping you up to date on our current research and fun extras like recipes
- he knowledge that you helped us find a way to better target speech and reading assistance to children who need it
I’M INTERESTED – NOW WHAT?
- If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 847-491-2457. A member of our team will give you more information
- We will find a time that works best for you and your child – weekday or weekend
- You will receive directions and parking information, along with a confirmation ~24 hours in advance
- When you arrive, a member of our team will bring you a parking pass and we’ll begin
Ready to watch a movie!
We’re looking forward to meeting you!