- Kraus N, White-Schwoch T Auditory neurophysiology of reading impairment: Theory and management. Pediatric Audiology: Diagnosis, Technology, and Management. 3rd edition.
- Bonacina S, Krizman J, White-Schwoch T, Kraus N Clapping in time parallels literacy and calls upon overlapping neural mechanisms in early readers. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences.
- Abrams DA, Nicol T, White-Schwoch T, Zecker S, Kraus N Population responses in primary auditory cortex simultaneously represent the temporal envelope and periodicity features in natural speech. Hearing Research.
- Lam S-Y, White-Schwoch T, Zecker SG, Hornickel J, Kraus N Neural stability: A reflection of automaticity in reading. Neuropsychologia.
- Neef NE, Müller B, Liebig J, Schaadt G, Grigutsch M, Gunter TC, Wilcke A, Kirsten H, Skeide MA, Kraft I, Kraus N, Emmrich F, Brauer J, Boltze J, Friederici AD Dyslexia risk gene relates to representation of sound in the auditory brainstem. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience.
- Tierney A, White-Schwoch T, MacLean J, Kraus N Individual differences in rhythmic skills: links with neural consistency and linguistic ability. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience.
- Woodruff Carr K, Fitzroy AB, Tierney A, White-Schwoch T, Kraus N Incorporation of feedback during beat synchronization is an index of neural maturation and reading skills. Brain and Language.
- Kraus N, Anderson S Beat-keeping ability relates to reading readiness. Hearing Journal.
- White-Schwoch T, Woodruff Carr K, Thompson EC, Anderson S, Nicol T, Bradlow AR, Zecker SG, Kraus N Auditory processing in noise: a preschool biomarker for literacy. PLoS Biology.
- Kraus N, Anderson S Toward a biologic index of APD. Hearing Journal.
- Kraus N, Slater J, Thompson EC, Hornickel J, Strait DL, Nicol T, White-Schwoch T Auditory learning through active engagement with sound: Biological impact of community music lessons in at-risk children. Frontiers in Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience.
- Kraus N Editorial: Neural synchrony: opening an umbrella. Hearing Journal.
- Slater J, Strait DL, Skoe E, O’Connell S, Thompson EC, Kraus N Longitudinal effects of group music instruction on literacy skills in low-income children. PLoS One.
- Tierney A, Kraus N Auditory-motor entrainment and phonological skills: precise auditory timing hypothesis (PATH). Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- Tierney A, Strait DL, Kraus N Resting gamma power is linked to reading ability in adolescents. Developmental Science.
- Woodruff Carr K, White-Schwoch T, Tierney A, Strait DL, Kraus N Beat synchronization predicts neural speech encoding and reading readiness in preschoolers. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Hornickel J, Kraus N Unstable representation of sound: a biological marker of dyslexia. Journal of Neuroscience.
- Hornickel J, Lin D, Kraus N Speech-evoked auditory brainstem responses reflect familial and cognitive influences. Developmental Science.
- Kraus N, Anderson S For reading development, auditory processing is fundamental. Hearing Journal.
- Kraus N, Anderson S Treatment for auditory based learning impairments: Evidence Supports Efficacy. Hearing Journal.
- Tierney A, Kraus N Musical training for the development of language skills. Changing Brains – Applying Brain Plasticity to Advance and Recover Human Ability.
- Tierney A, Kraus N The ability to move to a beat is linked to the consistency of neural responses to sound. Journal of Neuroscience.
- Tierney A, Strait DL, O'Connell S, Kraus N Developmental changes in resting gamma power from age three to adulthood. Clinical Neurophysiology.
- White-Schwoch T, Kraus N Physiologic discrimination of stop consonants relates to phonological ability in pre-readers: a biomarker for subsequent reading ability?. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- Chandrasekaran B, Kraus N Biological factors contributing to reading ability: subcortical auditory function. Developmental Dyslexia: Early Precursors, Neurobehavioral Markers and Biological Substrates.
- Hornickel J, Anderson S, Skoe E, Yi H, Kraus N Subcortical representation of speech fine structure relates to reading ability. NeuroReport.
- Hornickel J, Kraus N Breaking news: cABR can predict auditory-based communication skills. Hearing Journal.
- Hornickel J, Zecker S, Bradlow AR, Kraus N Assistive listening devices drive neuroplasticity in children with dyslexia. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Kraus N Atypical brain oscillations: a biological basis of dyslexia?. Trends in Cognitive Sciences.
- Kraus N Biological impact of music and software-based auditory training. Journal of Communication Disorders.
- Kraus N, Hornickel J cABR: a biological probe of auditory processing. Auditory Processing Disorders: Assessment, Management and Treatment.
- Kraus N, Hornickel J Meaningful engagement with sound for strengthening communication skills. Auditory Processing Disorders: Assessment, Management and Treatment.
- Krizman J, Skoe E, Kraus N Sex differences in auditory subcortical function. Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Hornickel J, Chandrasekaran B, Zecker S, Kraus N Auditory brainstem measures predict reading and speech-in-noise perception in school-aged children. Behavioural Brain Research.
- Hornickel J, Kraus N Objective biological measures for the assessment and management of auditory processing disorder. Current Pediatric Reviews.
- Strait DL, Hornickel J, Kraus N Subcortical processing of speech regularities predicts reading and music aptitude in children. Behavioral and Brain Functions.
- Anderson S, Skoe E, Chandrasekaran B, Kraus N Neural timing is linked to speech perception in noise. Journal of Neuroscience.
- Chandrasekaran B, Kraus N Music, noise-exclusion, and learning. Music Perception.
- Kraus N, Banai K Listening, literacy and the neural transcription of sound. Proceedings of the First International Virtual Conference on FM: Access, Achieving Clear Communication, Employing Sound Solutions.
- Abrams D, Nicol T, Zecker S, Kraus N Abnormal cortical processing of the syllable rate of speech in poor readers. Journal of Neuroscience.
- Banai K, Hornickel JM, Skoe E, Nicol T, Zecker S, Kraus N Reading and subcortical auditory function. Cerebral Cortex.
- Chandrasekaran B, Hornickel J, Skoe E, Nicol T, Kraus N Context-dependent encoding in the human auditory brainstem relates to hearing speech in noise: Implications for developmental dyslexia. Neuron.
- Hornickel J, Skoe E, Nicol T, Zecker S, Kraus N Subcortical differentiation of voiced stop consonants relates to reading and speech in noise perception. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.
- Tzounopoulos T, Kraus N Learning to encode timing: mechanisms of plasticity in the auditory brainstem. Neuron.
2008 and earlier
- Banai K, Kraus N The dynamic brainstem: implications for APD. Current controversies in central auditory processing disorder.
- Johnson KL, Nicol TG, Zecker SG, Bradlow AR, Skoe E, Kraus N Brainstem encoding of voiced consonant-vowel stop syllables. Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Song JH, Banai K, Kraus N Brainstem timing deficits in children with learning impairment may result from corticofugal origins. Audiology Neuro-Otolology.
- Banai K, Abrams D, Kraus N Speech evoked brainstem responses and sensory-based accounts of learning disability. International Journal of Audiology.
- Johnson K, Nicol T, Zecker S, Kraus N Auditory brainstem correlates of perceptual timing deficits. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience.
- Kraus N, Banai K Auditory processing malleability: focus on language and music. Current Directions in Psychological Science.
- Banai K, Kraus N Neurobiology of (central) auditory processing disorder and language-based learning disability. Handbook of Central Auditory Processing Disorder, Volume I: Auditory Neuroscience and Diagnosis.
- Banai K, Nicol T, Zecker S, Kraus N Brainstem timing: implications for cortical processing and literacy. Journal of Neuroscience.
- Russo N, Nicol T, Zecker S, Hayes E, Kraus N Auditory training improves neural timing in the human brainstem. Behavioral Brain Research.
- Wible B, Nicol T, Kraus N Correlation between brainstem and cortical auditory processes in normal and language-impaired children. Brain.
- Warrier CM, Johnson KL, Hayes E, Nicol T, Kraus N Learning impaired children exhibit timing deficits and training-related improvements in auditory cortical responses to speech in noise. Experimental Brain Research.
- Wible B, Nicol T, Kraus N Atypical brainstem representation of onset and formant structure of speech sounds in children with language-based learning problems. Biological Psychology.
- Bradlow AR, Kraus N, Hayes E Speaking clearly for children with learning disabilities: sentence perception in noise. Journal of Speech Language and Hearing Research.
- Hayes E, Tiippana K, Nicol T, Sams M, Kraus N Integration of heard and seen speech: a factor in learning disabilities in children. Neuroscience Letters.
- Hayes E, Warrier CM, Nicol T, Zecker SG, Kraus N Neural plasticity following auditory training in children with learning problems. Clinical Neurophysiology.
- King C, Warrier CM, Hayes E, Kraus N Deficits in auditory brainstem encoding of speech sounds in children with learning problems. Neuroscience Letters.
- Wible B, Nicol TG, Kraus N Abnormal neural encoding of repeated speech stimuli in noise in children with learning problems. Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Cunningham J, Nicol T, Zecker SG, Bradlow AR, Kraus N Neurobiologic responses to speech in noise in children with learning problems: deficits and strategies for improvement. Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Bradlow AR, Kraus N, Nicol TG, McGee TJ, Cunningham J, Zecker SG, Carrell TD Effects of lengthened formant transition duration on discrimination and neural representation of synthetic CV syllables by normal and learning-disabled children. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America.